Out West is a visual travelogue documenting rural communities in the Canadian west. Over a hundred communities of between six and 1,000 inhabitants were documented. The project offers a version of the current state of affairs in the Canadian West, exploring how rural spaces experience an urban-rural time lag. The images conjure up a Vonnegut-like idea of being “unstuck in time”, where objects and the built landscape deceive the viewer as to what period they belong too. (artist statement)
- Opus 2 (Arrangement In Skintones), digital chromogenic print, 2012
- Castrophia, paint on laser print, 2012
- The Girl With Stars In Her Eyes, paint on found ceramic bust, 2014
- Garage Sale Painting Of Peasants With Color Bars, paint on found painting and frame, 2011
- Portrait Of A Woman With Deletions, paint on found print, 2010
- Nocturne 109, digital chromogenic print, 2011
- Thrift Store Landscape With A Color Test, paint on found canvas and frame, 2009
- A Grecian Bust With Color Tests, paint on found stone sculpture, 2013
- Brutalized Gainsborough 2, paint on laser print, 2009
- Hymn 32, digital chromogenic print, 2013
My friends at Design Cuts have just released their biggest vector bundle ever, and I wanted to share it with you guys. There are thousands of best-selling vectors inside, including ribbons, badges, floral elements, textures, patterns and much more! All designs are beautifully hand-crafted and full of creative details. At 91% discount, this is your only chance to get all these great items for such a low price.
From Bus Stops, 1997-2011
Simple, yet powerful ruminations on life by Harriet Lee-Merrion. See more below!
So what’s the deal with #ART03?
So here’s the deal faithful followers. I’ve had to make a few changes to my Quarterly boxes. Instead of $50, they’re now $30. Because of the price cut I have decided to only focus on one artist per box.
Since I’ve received quite a few requests to include my Polaroid photography in future shipments I’ve decided the next box will revolve around a beautiful hardcover 38 page Photo book of all of my most popular Polaroids I’ve shot. It will be designed and printed by our friends at Social Print Studio.
To be clear, I’ve never released any of my photos for sale anywhere before besides a physical show I had back in January 2012 in San Francisco.
If this is something you are interested in do not hesitate to get my next Quarterly box because there are limited quantities and it will sell out quick.
There are two options. You can simply buy ONLY the next box. Or you may do a continuous subscription in which you will receive a different artist every 3 months.
Click here to secure your copy.
Also, one lucky subscriber will receive a free POLAROID CAMERA and a pack of IMPOSSIBLE FILM in addition to their subscription!
Next box ships out in August.